Friday, June 25, 2010

Grass Valley

I miss my hometown. This summer is so different from any other that I've experienced. It is barely warm (high of 73 today...and it's supposed to be cold and rainy again tomorrow), the sun rarely comes out, and I am experiencing life in a big city. I have been enjoying getting to know Seattle, (I'll post some photos of my adventures when I get them from friends), but I miss the comforts of home.

I miss free chai's at Caroline's Coffee. (I prefer the Tiny Store that the amazing Megan works at).
 I also miss hanging out there in-between class and work. I made friends with some of the regulars and loved eating my Taco Bell lunch on that couch. P.S. I also miss Taco Bell.

I miss hippie dancing at Pioneer Park. We would do formation dances to the orchestra that practiced there on Monday evenings, eat snacks and sit in the grass.

I miss dressing up solely to take photographs, driving and obsessing over certain songs, and having sleepovers.
I miss the river. Swimming, sunbathing, rock climbing, picnics and people watching. It is usually prettier than this picture though, with green-blue water.


I miss my fun family.
I miss driving...it is amazing how liberating driving is.
Lastly, I miss being crazy tan. I tan so easily. In Seattle, if you are tan, you have either been on vacation, or you go to Desert Sun tanning salons.

Hopefully I get to visit home soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heaven, Seattle has had you for long enough. California could use a little more Heaven.

    ReplyDelete