Friday, June 18, 2010

studs part II.

I remembered some more of my unusual celebrity crushes, and decided to make a part II of my list, entitled Studs.

First, we have the adorable Russell Brand.

Those high cheekbones and ratty sorta-mullet make my heart melt. I read his autobiography, My Booky Wook, and it was very interesting. The guy has led quite the debaucherous life. Too bad he's taken by Katy Perry now. But this is also a good thing because the two of them together form the most precious couple:


Moving on, we have Alan Rickman.

 I first realized how amazing Alan Rickman was when I watched his play Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies. His voice is fantastic. I soon remembered that he is one of the heroes in one of my favorite movies, Sense and Sensibility. 

He plays a perfect gentleman, who is caring, kind, and humble, who somehow has the most enticing voice ever.

It's been several years since I first developed a crush on Anthony Bourdain:

First off: he's completely badass. Chain smoker, earring (not usually badass but it totally is in this case), skinny/tall, world traveler, executive chef, potty mouth, author...need I say more? I've also read his autobiography/food industry expose Kitchen Confidential, which is an interesting read, and very well written.

I think most girls like a bit of a rebel.

Last on this list is the impeccable Gene Wilder:
I think he is incredibly handsome, charismatic, and charming. I first loved him in Willy Wonka.


Although, he was equally charming in Young Frankenstein and The Cicso Kid.

 
I think that my personal formula for celebrity crushes is an element of charisma, and a fair amount of wacky.

2 comments:

  1. You do seem to like the wacky-ish type men (as far as celebrities go).
    I think I understand most of your crushes on an intellectual level, but the only one I would (hands-down) agree with is Anthony Bourdain. He is strangly sexy and also has incredible long legs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear heaven,
    thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures and your thoughts on men. I am glad to see that i am not alone. My celeb crush...tobey from the office. i love him.

    mi amiga Sophia me dijo que Russell es muy feo.

    ReplyDelete