Saturday, April 10, 2010

studs.

I don't know why, but this evening my mind was wandering, and thought about Ferris Bueller's Day Off (one of my favorites), and then I remembered how incredibly handsome Charlie Sheen is in his bit part as the "boy in the police station." Then I was thinking about how my taste in "celebrity crushes" is quite unusual...Let's review.

Charlie Sheen: "Ferris Bueller," The Boy in the Police Station.




"You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much eye makeup. People say she looks like a whore."

Prince: "Purple Rain," The Kid.


I have been very obsessed with seeing this movie (still haven't seen it), and it was on VH1 the other night, but I tuned in too late and didn't want to spoil the movie by only watching half of it. I am
looking forward to having a "Purple Rain Party" but I don't know when this will happen.
Also, I have a great desire to start modeling my life after his song "U Got the Look":

I never seen a pretty girl
look so tough

U got the look (U got the look)
U must'a took (U must'a took)
A whole hour just 2 make up your face, baby
Closin' time, ugly lights, everybody's inspected (Everybody's inspected)
But U are a natural beauty unaffected (Unaffected)
Did I say an hour?
My face is red, I stand corrected (I stand corrected)


Another thing, I have found new meaning and significance in the song "Purple Rain." Which is a little sad.

David Bowie:


He is always attractive to me. And I love his music. And him. And everything.

I guess I tend to form celebrity crushes on people with really distinct personas.

3 comments:

  1. Heaven,
    YOU HAVE TO SEE PURPLE RAIN! That's it! Give me your address, I'm letting you borrow my copy! No questions!

    Why this is so important to me:
    Nearly every time I see Prince or hear his music, I tell Ted "My friend, Heaven, thinks Prince is attractive/sexy." No joke. I remember you telling me that you liked Prince years ago (either at Groveland or on our way to Mexico) and it's always stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS! That is so cool! I feel like I'm missing out on a part of life by not watching Purple Rain...if you're serious about the DVD then I really wouldn't mind borrowing it! I'm really excited to finally see it in it's entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Also, Shelly, I forgot to say in the blog how I think of YOU whenever I see Prince, because he is your dream Halloween costume. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete