Sunday, April 4, 2010

mind musings.



“I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” -Audrey Hepburn

That's me.

I realized that today. It's not even that I need to reply on (ahem) "people", it's that I really enjoy "people" relying on me! When those who are close to me give me their dependence, I in turn feel loved. I miss being a support.

But, I need to remember:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jer 29:11

Hope and a future. No harm. This is so simple and so good.

P.S. I know that this is an art blog...or supposed to be one...but my mind has many thoughts that need to be recorded. When all my thoughts are sorted and simpler, I'm more prone to be artistic anyway! 

P.P.S. The Audrey quote was stolen from the beautiful Hannah's facebook.

4 comments:

  1. that quote at the top is totally me too! I am always trying to do things for people and feel needed too. I like to care for people and make them happy. It's honestly a gift for me. If I was told that I wasn't allowed to give another gift for the rest of my life there would be a very big void in my heart. Even if you can't feel like someone needs you right now, you can still care for people! There is always someone that could use a little pick me up. A little note, a cookie, a hug, or a handmade gift of some sort! Remember that God does have plans for you, but that he has also given you gifts that you should use to His glory! And just as a side note, I personally like your personal posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet Vanessa. I do think that is a spiritual gift of yours, and I'm so glad that you exercise it regularly! I think that my spiritual gift is being a listener and encourager, at least that is what people have told me. And it is something that I enjoy doing. I really should channel my art into having a God glorifying purpose, then maybe I will be more encouraged to create more! I'm glad you like my personal posts. I only write them when I feel a strong need to, and apparently that is quite often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of writers and various artists that will suddenly wake up in the middle of the night with a strange epiphany and have the urge to jot it down immediately.

    This post reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right Shelly...I definitely had an epiphany/ah-ha moment when I read that quote (which was from Hannah James' facebook). I've read that quote a billion times it seems, but it never occurred to me that it had personal meaning until just then!

    ReplyDelete