Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dft Pnk.

To all who have not seen Daft Hands...Go. Now.


At first I thought, "how awkward, a pair of hands just boppin to the beat." But then I was blown away.

I have been listening to Daft Punk a lot since Tiffany the Great gave me a large amount of their music over Spring Break. I really do like them. I have their Live 2007 album (I know you're thinking "wow is a live daft punk album even necessary?" and yes, it is) and I think one of their concerts would count as one of the most amazing dance parties ever.

Lately all music that doesn't fall under the category jazz/Lady Gaga/Rihanna has the tendency to make me over-emotional, or melancholy. Tiffany (and I, previously) tended to like acoustic-type love songs of the indie variety, and now I honestly can't bear to listen to that style. I currently need music that is "neutral" or "power pop", without concentrated emotions, or heartbreaking lyrics, thanks.

Anyway, I've been finding that in addition to jazz/Lady Gaga/Rihanna, I am able to listen Daft Punk, Cut Copy, and Miike Snow.

And that is what I really wanted to say in the first place: I REALLY like Miike Snow. The entire album is great, with lyrics that are (in my eyes) still fairly "neutral," but not mindless! Thank you Miike Snow for giving me something new to listen to.

P.S. I REALLY want to go to Sasquatch! Look. At. The. Lineup.

1 comment:

  1. whoa Heaven! That was an interesting video! He is so coordinated! How was your day?

    ReplyDelete