Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's back.

 A photo of a previous lethargic experience: I was at a math workshop for my work. Borrriiiiing.

I am again feeling very lethargic lately. I think a string of bad habits has to do with it. Bad habits such as:

-Staying awake until 2 am watching VH1 and E!
-Sleeping in until 9:30, because I have class at 10:30 at the earliest.
-Not showering at night. (Showering makes me relaxed, not refreshed, so I enjoy night showers. Plus I like to go to sleep clean).
-Not grocery shopping, even though I got back to Seattle 5 days ago and have nothing in my pantry but Top Ramen.
-Eating nothing but Top Ramen and Tully's pastries. No nutritional value whatsoever.
-Refusing to unpack and put away the items I took back from California.

I hope today to break this cycle of laziness. I hope. I better. The quarter has started and it's going to be a busy one, so I need to stay on top of it. Things I will do today in order to be more proactive:

-Make sure I look cute when I go to work, so I feel more awake/confident/like a functioning human being.
-Purchase food for dinner, and perhaps a movie? What I mean to say is, I will make definite plans for the evening, instead of just bumming around doing nothing until 2 am. If I have plans (even if the plans are, "be in bed by 11"), I won't have room to just waste time.
-Unpack my duffel bag and backpack, and tidy up my bed.

I just wish my work would stop scheduling me to work closing shifts so much...I get off at 10 o'clock (again) tonight, and with the Saturday bus schedule, there's no way that I'll get home before 10:45...sigh.

I will have to just take my own advice, and do as I said to a homeless drunk man at the bus stop one evening, "You just gotta ramble on." (He really liked my advice by the way).

1 comment:

  1. I have weeks that are completely lethargic as well. And I feel so lazy about it by the end of the week, almost mad at myself. But setting goals and making to-do lists really help me get out of that vibe! I hope you had a good day at work! I ate a bowl of chips for dinner, no nutritional value either. Blah. BUT I did make some amazing vanilla-lemon-banana lotion tonight! Seriously, if I tried a sample of this at LUSH I would buy some! Maybe I can send some to you! Ok well I am going to go write a small blog post :)

    ReplyDelete