Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tee time

Lately I've become a fan of Threadless.

I don't own any of their shirts, but have heard about them for a long time, and I like their way of going about things.

First of all, Threadless primarily makes Tee Shirts, with the designs on the shirts being made by independent artists. They are not promoting a "brand" through their design, just the design itself! This leads to a lot of creativity in each shirt. For example, some shirts have UV activated ink, meaning that when one steps out into the sun while wearing the shirt, colors and designs will appear on the shirt that were hidden in the shade. Cool!

Here are some of my favorites:


Lions Are Smarter Than I Am, Infinity MPG, Friendly Beasts, The Cheshire (with and without UV activated ink), and Egyptronic!

Second, their shirts usually are printed on quality American Apparel tees, which I love. (Yeah, sorry if you hate American Apparel because of their business practices, but the fact of the matter is, their shirts are great quality.)

Also, some of their designs come printed as posters (such as Infinity MPG), and you can usually get the design printed on a onesie for any junior Threadless fans.

Also, you get free stickers with every order, and if you send in a photo of you wearing one of their shirts, you get something like $1 off your next purchase.


2 comments:

  1. 1. Threadless sounds amazing.
    2. Those are some rad shirts (the photos).
    3. I feel like I rarely wear just jeans and a t-shirt probably because I lack in amazing shirts.
    4. I now want to buy a "threadless" shirt just so I could take a picture in it.
    5. Are you going to buy a t-shirt soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll buy a t-shirt anytime soon! Unfortunately. I'd love to but I should probably buy more essential things first, like shoes and pants (I'm always in short supply of those). But I love Threadless, and what they're about. And a good t shirt is essential! You should pick one out, there are a lot of cute and clever ones!

    ReplyDelete