Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teacup times

I am at the Teacup, doing who knows what, drinking some kind of Mountain Something Green Tea...which is delicious by the way, no honey needed, feeling like today has been a waste of sorts.



FACT: One of the employees here is wearing silver nailpolish, and reminds me sharply of Stefon from Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.



Conversation going on directly behind me:

"He's never been kissed before...so he just kind of looked at me like 'oh my gosh I just got my first kiss' and then he kissed me back...then he texted me when I was at home and said...'that was my first kiss and I'm glad I got to share it with you." uhhhh dear Teacup please turn up the music I don't want to be an unwilling participant of this conversation.


Current song playing: You Raise Me Up but not by Josh Groban. Pretty sure this is on one of those Foundation for a Better Life commercials which makes me cry.



Yes, even as I previewed this commercial oh-so-quietly in the middle of the Teacup, it made me tear up.

Even though today seems wasted, directionless, and vaguely depressing, I must admit that the pure, clean taste of this green tea is just what I needed. Other things that I need: exercise, food, and a job, but let's look past these stressors to the present. I am warm and content and should really be getting on with my homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment