Friday, February 19, 2010

humbow

I just ate a delicious BBQ pork bun at Yak's in Fremont, and it was only $2.52 (tax included). So. Good. With Sriracha/Teriyaki sauce/Spicy Chili sauce it is amazing. I wish I had got two (my stomach is a bottomless pit).


Updating my art corner is difficult, mostly because I do not own a computer. I have often been asked, "Heaven, how do you survive school without a laptop?" I often answer: "I don't." Literally, my grades suffer severely, not to mention my social networking life. And, probably most importantly, it is hard for me to be able to "on a whim" google an artistic subject matter.

In my Western Traditions II class (aka Art History II), I often see people, laptops out, quickly typing away their notes and speed-googling various art-topics, or artists themselves. I always peek at what they are looking at, and this stuff looks amazingly helpful in terms of the class, and just personally applying the ideas of the masters to a modern perspective...I'm pretty jealous.

I will have a computer. Someday. I will have a 13.3 inch Macbook pro, in fact. I'm holding out for it. No Dell computers for me. HP? Maybe...but no, no, I need my Macbook pro.

Ok, anyway. My friend Vanessa found this lovely designer on etsy. This stuff is amazing, and I really like what Vanessa had to say about it: "...her pieces look like music for your eyes!"




It's true, her pieces are very lyrical. The line repetition is really pleasing to me, as well as the different washes of color layering each other. Even though some pieces seem sort of dreamlike, and maybe chaotic, they are at the same time overwhelmingly peaceful!

Check out her website: www.yellena.com

Her blog is quite adorable as well. Wish I had a computer so I could persistently lurk my favorite artists. Sucks.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously love it when you update your blog. I'm sorry about you not having a laptop! If I had an old one that I wasn't using I would mail it to you! I am hoping to get a macbook some day too! I am actually probably going to get an ipad first. It looks like the perfect thing for me since I don't do a whole lot on the computer anyways. I mean I am on it all the time, just that I don't do crazy things that the ipad can't do, so it suits me. I'm glad that you liked that artist as well. Shelly suggested that I do more artist reviews and since I am taking this semester off I am thinking about doing it :) I mailed you a card, just so you know, so that you can go pick it up from the mailroom :) Once I get more spending money in March I have a small package to send your way as well! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven,

    I remember my second semester at Sac State (I had just moved to Sacramento) and I was computer-less. It was awful. Most people don't understand! I didn't have a computer, TV, microwave or updated cell phone. I remember taking the train to the library (which was like a 20 minute commute one-way) just so I could check my e-mail or pay for PG&E! I hope you don't have to live computer-less for too much longer! You have my empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelly! Glad you don't have to deal with that anymore! It is seriously so inconvenient...but my friend is going to let me borrow her netbook soon, so I will at least have a mini computer to do work on!

    ReplyDelete