Sunday, May 30, 2010

Luv Lush

I am sitting in my bed, post shower, eating lucky charms (main staple of my diet), and remembering this thing called "blog" that I have neglected. Sorry y'all.

I think that this will be a "review" blog. Vanessa always does Lush review blogs, and since I too enjoy Lush products, and just picked up some new ones, I figured it's time to put in my two cents.

First, Honey I Washed the Kids soap.



Vanessa sent me a slice of this soap for me to try, since even though I worked at Lush for about 2 months, I never owned or personally used any of their soaps. This is one of the most popular soaps for the company, because it smells so good. It smells like creamy honey, but not in an overwhelming way. It has real honeycomb on top, and contains aloe in the formula, which soothes skin. It makes my showers delicious. I love it.

Now, on to my MOST FAVORITE LUSH PRODUCT: Solid Shampoo.



I typically use the Squeaky Green shampoo bar, although I've tried Ultimate Shine and Seanick and love both of them as well.

The amazing part about solid shampoo is that it lasts for at least 3 months. At $9.95 per bar, that is an amazing value. For me, it typically lasts for 4 1/2 months, which is even better. Personally, a shampoo with lots of lathery bubbles is a must (I like to know what parts of my hair have shampoo or not, otherwise I miss a spot in my mass of crazy hair). This shampoo delivers. With one light pass of the bar around my hair, the shampoo lathers and spreads. A little goes a long way! This is an amazing concept for someone with thick hair like me, I typically use a 50 cent piece size of liquid shampoo in order to cleanse my entire head of hair.

Lastly, this thing delivers. It cleans my hair so well, which is great for me, since my hair gets dirty and greasy so easily. I need to wash my hair every day (that whole "every other day" thing is a no no). With other shampoos, I usually have a greasy streak of hair near my face at the end of the day. With Squeaky Green I still have clean hair by bedtime! I love this product and will never use another shampoo.

Lastly, I recently purchased some of Lush's solid conditioner, Jungle.



I figured that since I am enchanted by their solid shampoo, that I would equally love their solid conditioner. I must say that I've only used it 4 times, but I am feeling pretty positive about the effects. I break off a small piece, mush it around in my palm until it melts, lather it up and apply. My hair doesn't get the same "slick" feeling that other conditioners create, which kind of confuses me. I kind of like that slick feeling, because I know what parts of my hair have conditioner and what parts don't. That will just take some getting used to. Other than that, my hair does seem moisturized and shiny afterward! This product uses tons of olive oil and avocado, which are super nourishing and moisturizing. I love the smell as well, which kind of just smells like olive oil...very jungle-y indeed.

Thank you Lush cosmetics for your vegetarian shower delights. You make my world a better place.

2 comments:

  1. Lush seems to be on everyone's mind lately! I think it's the self-pampering summer brings (no school, freedom and frozen desserts).

    Jungle has quickly become a favorite of mine, but I was confused by it too. I solved my problem by buying a large chunk.
    I thought this was a smart way to use Jungle.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Cidolem#p/search/5/ze7Nw1uxAes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shelly! I have thought of doing the same thing to my Jungle conditioner, but I wasn't sure if it would work. So it was really nice to watch that clip and see that it would work if I wanted to do it that way. I think it would make it last longer, so I might try it out :) I have been using Retread lately and it makes my hair soft. Not weighed down at all, just soft. So Heaven and Shelly, you might really like that! My only issues with it is that my hair is so full and wavy that I like it being weighed down a little bit so that its not frizzy.

    Heaven, you can get that slick feeling with jungle! You just have to wait a few minutes. I always wash my hair as soon as I get in the shower so that I can let the conditioner sit in my hair while I am washing my body and/or shaving. Then I massage it in a little bit more after a few minutes, and it seems like its easier to spread, gets more of that slick feeling, once its been sitting in your hair while you wash. I hope that works for you too!

    I just tried remelting all my lush soaps! I cut them all down to small pieces when I bought them, because that's what I liked when I first started showering instead of bathing. But now that I am getting more used to showering I have come to realize that small pieces of soap are a pain. I kept dropping them! So I wanted to remelt them and remold them. I was nervous about ruining all that soap though! So I did a test run with one clear base soap (The godmother) and one creamy base soap (Chox Away). Both turned out well! So I melted and molded away with the rest of my soaps. The ones that have chunks of stuff in them were tricky. My porridge has all the oats on the bottoms, which I like anyways. But everything smells and feels the same!

    ReplyDelete