Wednesday, May 5, 2010

sketch & craft.

I just came across a really simple DIY craft, while browsing my facebook newsfeed. Thank you, Forever 21 for posting such fun links. (I just became a "fan" of them, oh wait, I mean, I "like" them now, and they tend to post really interesting articles about fashion).

Studded Espadrilles

Photo and craft credit to Citizette.com

I love DIY projects. I could really see myself doing this with Espadrilles, because for one, they are cheap shoes, and two, they get dirty really easily. Dirty, pastel canvas just tends to look awful on my feet (but edgy on others' feet, somehow). Also, studs are really inexpensive.

Secondly, Tiana just showed me a sketchblog with some amazing illustrations! The artist is named Andrea Joseph, and she also has an etsy where she sells prints of her work. Check these out:


She also draws in moleskein notebooks frequently. In addition, she invented these small books called Molezines, which she also sells on her etsy site. They are small enough to fit into the inside pocket of your own personal moleskein, so you can carry along some art with you.

3 comments:

  1. If you do decide to do the Espadrilles, will you post about the result?

    When I met Ted, he carried a moleskin around where ever he went. Now I do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so nifty, and thin. But sort of pricy. I think it's worth it though, if anything just for the 10 cool points you get upon owning one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and yes, I'll post a picture of any fun DIY craft that I do! I just took photos of my pigeon paintings, so those will go up soon! (I mean it this time.)

    ReplyDelete