Thursday, July 22, 2010

Night Owl Beauty

Beauty has been on my mind lately. It's been popping up everywhere. My friend Jessica just started a beauty review blog, Shelly has been writing about her personal beauty discoveries, fashion tumblrs have been taking over my life, and I've been watching a lot of YouTube makeup tutorials lately. Not to mention, I've been giving several drugstore makeup products a spin...I'll let you know what I think soon.

I've been noticing that most of my at home beauty treatments are done past midnight. I think this is because, at 8, 9, or 10 pm, I always want to be ready in case a friend wants to spend time with me. And I can't very well hang out with a friend if I have an ugly looking face mask on, can I? So they end up happening last minute.

For instance, right now I have an asprin mask drying on my face, while I'm using my last pair of crest whitestrips (my teeth used to be so white...what happened! Hopefully this plus my new tube of 3D white toothpaste will revive my pearly whites).

Anyway, I love asprin masks. Michelle Phan (my favorite YouTube makeup guru) gives an awesome tutorial about how to make your own asprin mask, using only 3 ingredients. She even breaks down the reasons why the ingredients in asprin masks can clear up your skin (the major reason why I use them).



That's all for today...it's time to rinse off this mask and spit out these whitestrips (yuck), and get some beauty sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I keep on meaning to try an aspirin mask! Another good cheap mask is Queen Helen's Mint Julip mask. I don't know if they have a Sally's beauty supply up where you are but they should have it there.

    ReplyDelete