Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lessons/Likes

Like I mentioned before, SeaTac is one of my favorite airports because there is so much to look at. I consider myself to be an airport connoisseur, even though I've only been to like, 10 of them. I like SeaTac because they really do consider the traveler, his or her potential needs, and what would make their visit, (or layover) more comfortable. For instance, there is literally a Starbucks in every single section of the airport. Sometimes two. There are a wide variety of shops to browse and escape travel pressures in (or to pick up last minute gifts).

The one thing they are missing is Cinnabon. Yes, I love those cinnamon rolls more than most things in life. With extra frosting.

But the thing I like the most about the airport is that they include tons of art, scattered throughout terminals and hallways. Here's one that I saw while I waited in that beast of a line by the Southwest counter:


Spectrum Delta II by Francis Celentano. Snapped by my phone, but here's a better picture...

Photo Credit: AtomicTaco

It's great up close. So many fun colors, it is electrifying, dizzying, and huge.

Something I have learned about traveling: Don't wear minidresses.


I am wearing American Apparel's Fine Jersey Short Sleeve Crew Neck T-Shirt Dress in this exact color. I love it, it is comfy and soft and simple, and not too short at all, actually. I wore it because I figured, "When I step into California's sunshine, it's going to be so hot that I won't want to wear pants!" Genius! But, it really is still chilly here in Seattle. That, and lugging around my duffel bag made me feel kind of uncomfortable in it. I forgot to wear spandex underneath, and deftly put some on while riding the light rail (yes that sounds crazy but there was no one around me in my area of the train!), which helped me feel more comfortable. Next time I'll stick with my regular jeans & t-shirt combo, however boring that is.

3 comments:

  1. that dress is super super cute! i would have worn the same thing to the airport. :) and also probably have been freezing.

    so umm...i think you should post more about fashion. because as i recall, you were always a very snazzy, imaginative dresser, and i totally admire your style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday I will see this airport. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tori! MORE FASHION POSTS!

    By the way, myself and my company (of four) sat around for an hour chatting about airports, our likes and dislikes. I felt like an airport snob. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete