Sunday, August 1, 2010

Now, put your hands up.

California has been wonderful and therapeautic.

I love seeing old friends, and walking down familiar streets. Feeling warmth on my shoulders from the gorgeous sun, while wearing my favorite sundress gives me endless confidence.

The tanning (burning) has been incredible, I plan on looking fully Mexican by the time I get back to Seattle. The river has been gorgeous, calm, and cooling.

My family cooks amazing food. I am eating WELL.

My little brothers are adorable, fun, and a little crazy. I am enjoying my family and the company they give me.

One complaint: I wish I could spend more time with them. It seems that they are all busy with their own lives that they forget to pause and spend some special time with me. I have always been kind of a needy child, and it's no different now, especially after about 4 months of absence...

Hopefully we can make up for it in the 4 days that I have left here.

4 comments:

  1. I miss the river tons! It was too fast and cold when I went to visit it june.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I know, the past few years I haven't been able to really swim but this time it was the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven I am a very needy person too. Sometimes that sucks. Family visits and vacations can be hard on me for the very same reasons. I am on a family vacation as I write this and have already felt "forgotten" for a while. Sometimes I get upset that they make me feel that way, and sometimes I get upset that I am so silly. I suppose its just one more thing in life that I will strive to find a balance for :) I hope you find a good balance in these remaining days with your family this visit! I'm glad you are having a good visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for California (which means the comforts of home, friendly faces and lovely weather)! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in warm weather.

    By the way, I'm incredibly jealous of your tan. ;)

    P.S. I'll be in Seattle again on the afternoon of August 8th.

    ReplyDelete