Friday, February 4, 2011

Tumble Tumble Tumblr

A while ago I posted about a side project that I had intended on developing: The Rad Moms and Dads tumblr. I wanted to post street style of young, hip parents to prove that even though kids come, you can still have good style. Sad to say it did not work out. Frustrations with my camera, and shyness about photographing random people on the street kind of made it fizzle.

But! I just repurposed my tumblr, making it into a family friendly photo blog about little things I do in Seattle. It will mostly be cellphone pictures, uploaded from wherever my adventures take me. Check it out: Duwamps Diary.

I anticipate some subjects on Duwamps Diary to overlap on this blog. For instance...my internship!



I'm now a visual intern at Anthropologie! This is the largest Anthropologie store in the United States, so there is plenty of room for creative display, which is my exact job. I help create the parts that go into the overall display, for instance, I spray painted 300 of these clothes hangers in an ombre design, front and back! Then, I helped hot clue and wire the pieces together for hanging. My visual manager takes care of most of the actual instillation. 




Another project that I was assigned was to paint watercolor circles in shades of brown and turquoise on a piece of canvas. This canvas will be hung between two pieces of wood and then lit from behind, so it's going to be a huge lamp! And it's going to be in the customer bathroom for everyone to see! This is really exciting.

But usually I don't do solo projects, and the internship is more like shop class! I do a lot of sanding, painting, cutting, miter-sawing, and measuring. It's great though, and great experience. And most importantly, it's exposing me to a 3D, physical method of art.

Plus, I get a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment