Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Food is a remedy.

I arrived back in Seattle after an uncomfortable flight. Feeling grumpy, disoriented and lonely, with various aches and pains, I found that the food I consumed when I came home helped tremendeously.

I ate chocolate for my mood, which quickly brightened.
I drank ginger brew to soothe my tummy ache.
I ate top ramen for comfort and a full stomach.
And took advil for my strange shoulder ache.

I still miss my family very much. But I am happily surprised at the small comforts that made my evening much more tolerable.

1 comment:

  1. Food is a wonderful comfort especially ones that spark a memory or feeling.

    Part of a Christmas package sent from my Father-in-law was a whole bunch of Trader Joe's goodies. Just seeing the brand made me feel at home.

    ReplyDelete