Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thoughts & a Song

Oh blog, it's been too long. I have many little thoughts floating around in my head, let's get them out of there.

-I kind of want to start a snack/cooking blog. I eat so many snacks, both savory and sweet, all of the time. Maybe I should start documenting this. Additionally, my new year's resolution is to cook regular, more completely balanced meals. (Recipes are appreciated).
-I had my last day of work today. So long, Cost Plus! I think I'm going to do a Cost Plus detox, then return so I can shop without feeling like an employee. Do you ever think that working for a company takes away the charm of shopping there? Since the quarter ended, I have been working non-stop. 8 1/2 hour, 9 hour shifts. I feel like I live at work. No more!
-Sad thing about this: I am now unemployed.
-Oh yeah, school is over. Time to read, blog, paint, and REST.
-Caroline gave me one of her family's Dell computers :). So now, no matter what, I have an operating computer!
-Tomorrow I'm going to California for 2 weeks. As always, seeing my family and friends is going to be refreshing. But now that I am about to leave, I realize that I am going to miss Seattle, and my friends here.
-I have been making crazy amounts of paper snowflakes lately. They currently decorate most of the surfaces of my apartment. I'd take a picture and show you but...
-I can't find my camera's memory card! I think I left it in a friend's computer. This makes me sad. I don't really wish to purchase a new one.
-I've been very interested in a South African band called Die Antwoord. They satisfy my need for trashy excess (perhaps I will blog about this later). And...some of their beats are catchy. (No I am not breaking my Christmas Rule #1, Only Listen to Christmas Music from November 25th to December 25th, this was not listening for recreation's sake!)
-I miss the radio station V 101.9, the R&B and Old Skool station that played constant Rick James and Earth, Wind, and Fire.
-I have just realized...I am really clumsy.

Sigh. I need more rest. I will leave you with another one of my favorite Christmas songs, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah Mclachlan. This version of the classic Christmas carol is upbeat with jaunty guitar playing. (P.S. I'm not a huge Sarah Mclachlan fan...that ASPCA commercial has permanantly embittered me against her). But this song is great. It encompasses the Christmas message and keeps the mood light.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for break! Mine begins tomorrow evening :) I'm only halfway through my finals. I hope you have a wonderful flight home. I love flying :) I hope to see you during these two weeks! We should get together with Tiana and go window shopping and coffee drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm jealous that you'll be in California for two weeks. My heart aches for that state.
    2. The best part of knowing that you're clumsy is now you can make fun of yourself for it. It's a rather good conversational piece (this is coming from a REALLY clumsy person).
    3. So sorry about your camera/memory card situation. I know how much a camera can mean.
    4. YES on the snack/blog idea... or you could post it to your regular blog. :)
    5. Sent me your address stat! I have recipes for you!

    ReplyDelete