Friday, September 17, 2010

gastrotypographicalassemblage

I came across this mini article about the art director for CBS, Lou Dorfsman. Apparently, he has an exhibition going on in London, which features a scaled down model of his (apparently famous) wall design for the CBS lunchroom.



Here's Lou in front of the original version at CBS. What a cheerful looking guy!

I love this! The study of typography is interesting. These words seem to communicate their meaning...I'm not sure how, but the placement, size and style of font just seems appropriate. If I ate in the CBS cafeteria, I would never get bored studying this giant wall of words.


Here's the small scale version for the museum. (Look at the kind of circular part...it says doughnut!)

via

1 comment:

  1. New life goal.
    #257 - Must eat in the CBS lunch room.

    Thanks Heaven!

    ReplyDelete