Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Shampoo Suckaaaz

What up fools? Just wanted to do a quick blog post/lush review, because I can, because Caroline is lending me her brother's computer! Woo! Sadly, Megan's computer is having some issues, so until I can get those resolved I'll be using Caroline's brother's computer. Which is perfectly fine by me! Thank you Caroline!

Anyway, the other day I had a wonderful time introducing my friends Elyse and Annie to MAC cosmetics. We really enjoyed getting makeup tutorials (and free makeovers) via the wonderfully sweet people at the MAC counter. I got a tutorial on how to pull off brightly colored lipstick and still have it flatter my lips, and walked away with a bright coral smile.

After that fun, Annie and I visited Lush, which was awkward for me because both of my former managers were there, but good for me also because I picked up a new shampoo. This shampoo bar is called Karma Komba.


I mentioned before that I positively love Lush's solid shampoos. They clean my hair amazingly well, last forever, and smell great. This bar is no different. It is scented with Lush's Karma scent, which is a cult favorite among customers. That said, some people really do not like the patchouli scent of Karma. If you are one of these people, then stay away. The shampoo bar does not overly perfume hair, but it does smell like Karma...so beware. Anyway, like always, when using this shampoo, it lathers beautifully, smells great (but not too overpowering), and leaves my hair shiny and managable! Additionally, it gives my limp-ish hair some good volume without too much work. Genius.

Orange and lemon oils within the shampoo cleanse hair and add shine, and the company website notes that this shampoo helps detangle, which implies that it has a light conditioning ingredient. Sounds good to me.

Anyway, I give it a gold star! This shampoo makes showers fun again, and actually has me looking forward to washing out my daily hairstyle.

P.S. P.S. P.S. Guess what, I just started a tumblr. It is in the beginning stages right now, but I think if I can get it going, it will be a fun little project. Visit, please!

1 comment:

  1. I just used this one the other day! I love the smell, and sometimes I get really in the mood for using specific shampoos and it makes it more special smelling it in my hair throughout the day :) Karma makes me smile and take a breath in and relax :)

    ReplyDelete