Tuesday, September 28, 2010

pop up


Il etait une fois - Benjamin Lacombe from B&C on Vimeo.


Some people don't know that I am an illustration major. So I try to notice illustrators specifically in my art musings and discoveries. (I don't know where this major will take me. And to the narrow minded: no, I don't specifically want to "illustrate children's books", although that may be cool, that is not the only option for an illustration major. duh.)

Ok anyway anyway, check out this AMAZING illustrator, Benjamin Lacombe. His new pop-up book fancifully illustrates key scenes from classic children's stories, although I don't quite recognize the stories behind some of the pictures. (enlighten me, perhaps?)

But aren't these illustrations wonderful? Insanely creative ways to have them pop up, gorgeous colors, carefully crafted character design...I would love this as a child. And additionally, it allows the parent to use the illustration to verbally tell the story behind it!

1 comment:

  1. Eh... Heaven, I'm as lost as you are on some of the illustrations. Oi! I'll show it to a fairy tale expert (my father-in-law).

    By the way: Rad. Rad. Rad. This video/illustration work was amazing.

    You find the most awesome things.

    ReplyDelete