Friday, October 15, 2010

ho-hum

I've been meaning to blog lately. I keep thinking of subjects that I could write a decent post about, but nothing seems to really strike my fancy.

At first I thought I could write about my new favorite thing: tumblr. I have come across way too many fun tumblrs, but one that has really caught my eye is artlove.





But I don't really feel like elaborating on the art there...even though I am finding constant inspiration. Just go look.

I also thought that I could write about Christmas, and how absolutely excited I am to go home. I am particularly thrilled because this time around, I'll be spending most of my days at my mom's new house, which is about 5 to 10 minutes from town! This is a great improvement from 45 minutes from town/any freeway...so I'll be able to:
a) have friends over.
b) visit more friends.
c) ...be more friendly, in general.
HURRAY. I forsee many more coffee dates and shopping in the future. I also can't wait to craft with my mom. We are big on the crafting front. My potential Christmas craft? The Pom Pom wreath.
I think these are cheeky and cute and fun. It will be enjoyable to make these while sipping hot chocolate and listening to my favorite Christmas music. Anyway, I could go on and on about my Christmas plans...but I won't. Not yet.

Then I was considering writing about autumn, and how amazingly fall-like Seattle has been lately! The weather has been semi-sunny, crisp but not too cold, with leaves everywhere...it makes me want cider and apple pie and apple hill...plus sweaters and pumpkin carving. I just settled with buying some cute mini pumpkins at Safeway and ate a jumbo large apple.

Am I in a blogging rut? Perhaps...I'll be back when I have something large enough to elaborate on.

2 comments:

  1. you know what I realized last night? I have stopped commenting on my friends posts lately. I don't know why. I mean I love it when I get comments. And I read every single one of my friends posts, but I just kind of stopped commenting. I'm sorry! Anyways, I think this year I am going to be more festive about Christmas. I'm excited! Last year we had just moved in here, and so things were kind of crazy because I was still attending school in Alameda for the month of December. I had NO time on my hands. But this year will be different. Heaven, we should plan an Apple Hill trip together and buy ourselves that apple cider we've been craving. I must see you when you are here :) I've recently become addicted to "stumble upon" its awesome! I am going to check out that Tumblr account though :) Love you!

    p.s. I have been signing on throughout the day today keeping an eye out for you. But you haven't been on at the same time as me once. What kind of shinaigins are you up to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging ruts are really normal. I have them often. Some writers say that their best work came from their writers block. Forcing to write themselves out of their block.

    Ironically you wrote about four random subjects in one. I liked it.

    P.S. The art is rad especially the woman.

    P.S.S. The Pom Pom wreath looks amazing and festive. Definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete