Friday, October 1, 2010

a little art

I've been slowly collecting links to artist's websites on my browser windows, keeping them open so I could blog about them later. Unfortunately, I had to re-start my computer and the browsing session couldn't be restored. boo! Luckilly since then I have come across two interesting projects that I would like to share:


A third year art student used photoshop and the principles of tilt-shift photography to reinterpret some of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings. The results are quite stunning, reducing some scenes to tiny miniatures, and making others strangely personal. Go explore them here!

Artist Jennifer Maester's colored pencil sculptures take a familiar object and transforms it to something out of this world. Many of her pieces look animalistic, or resemble undersea life (in my opinion), but read the story and reason behind many of them here. The piece above is actually able to be moved and formed into different shapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment