Thursday, October 28, 2010

I had a good day

Yesterday morning I saw my best friend. We walked through the neighborhoods of the central district, looking for ziploc bags and tacos. (We found the bags, and ate the tacos, which were absolutely delicious). The neighborhoods were filled with interesting houses, each with it's own distinct character, and the ground was covered in multi-colored leaves. It was a sunny, warm, perfect fall day. I saw a bike shop filled with vintage cycles and I am determined to get my new bike from it. To top it off, the conversation was superb.

After that beautiful morning, I took a new bus home, and noticed some of Seattle's beautiful architecture.

Then I came back to my apartment, chatted with my roommate while eating delicious pizza, and took a 2 hour nap.

After waking up and feeling extremely groggy from my nap, I headed to the art center to paint, achieving the compliment of, "You look like an art student." Yessss.

I spent the next 3 hours in this position, finishing up a timed still life and beginning my homework painting. (Assignment was to paint the ugliest painting ever. Harder than you'd think).

Here's a junky cellphone picture of my final product. Note: This project was given 3 hours maximum to complete, and I would have spent much more time on it if I wasn't restricted on the time.

After my painting session was finished, I came back to my apartment, engaged in a BB Seaweed facemask, and slept. What a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a superb and just about perfect day.

    Your painting is really good, ESPECIALLY considering the ridiculous time constraint you had. What was the purpose of a timed project?

    P.S. I love that you paint in a Starbucks apron. It made my smile.

    ReplyDelete