Friday, October 22, 2010

Wish List: Fred Flare

The other day, Shelly made a fun fall wish list. After browsing the new arrivals at fredflare.com, I've become inspired to post one of my own. Maybe this is a Christmas wish list, or maybe these are some things that I wish I could have in general...no matter what, it's fun to dream!

Also, I apologise in advance if this is long.

100 Years of Fashon Illustration by Cally Blackman, $40 at FredFlare
This all-you-can-eat buffet of fashion illustration surveys the last hundred years of style in sketch form. Featuring everything from the bold Erté prints of the early 1900's to the superhappy advertisements of the 50's to Warhol of the 60's to 80's power babes to today's Toledo.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for glossy, graphic, coffee table books. Books in general just make me...lust. Leaving a bookstore is difficult for me because I always find books that I simply cannot live without. (Side Note: Maybe I should do a post about my many coffee table books, because my mom is nice enough to buy me a few for Christmas most years.) Anyway, this book would be inspirational to my future carreer as an illustrator/artsy girl! And it would feed my constant need for exposure to the fashion world.
                                         
Fashion Designers' Sketchbooks by ?, $40 at FredFlare
This luxe hardcover features a veritable Who's Who of fashion supertalents as they share their creative process with you. Watch how a simple sketch and scraps of inspiration becomes jaw-dropping awe-inspiring beauty.
This actually would be very useful to me. Seeing into another artist's creative process is so helpful! Follow the link to see more pictures of the sketches...
Silver Action Sampler Camera by Lomography, $35 at FredFlare For those who prefer silver over gold, a Lomography multiple lens camera takes your simple click & turns it into four surprising shots.
I am in love with film photography. For only $35 I could have a fun little film camera for special times with friends! In snazzy silver, I can't resist. Observe the fun photos that it takes at the above link.
Happy Birthday Nailpolish by Deborah Lippman, $18 at FredFlare None of that formaldehyde, toluene or dibutyl phthalate. No animal testing.
Yes, $18 for nailpolish is a bit extreme. But how fun is this nailpolish? It screams party.

Yum-Yum Mini Earring Pack from Crowded Teeth and Loungefly, $16 at FredFlare
Mix ‘em & match ‘em for so many different combos. Set of 6.
I'm really picky about earrings. But I would spring for these little studs.
Lightweight Dip-Dye Infinity Scarf, $14, FredFlare
Soft and silky, we can't get enough of this gradient colored infinity scarf. Measuring a full 68" round and 23" wide, it's perfect for layering or scrunching. Light & airy, never bulky.
So basically this is the perfect scarf for me. I love big, bulky scarves but frankly, they hurt my neck. This looks like it could give some extra warmth while still being airy. And it's gorgeous.
Festive Christmas Tree Hat, $28 at FredFlare If aunts w/ funny sweaters have taught us anything, it’s that Christmas is the time to get a little silly.
I really need this hat. I would sport it, often. I would wear it on Christmas morning, Christmas eve, during the Cornish Christmas festival, while playing in the snow, while drinking peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks, while decorating the tree, when I feel nostalgic...just please make this hat happen.
Mini Elephant Earrings, $10 at FredFlare
These earrings are perhaps the tiniest we've ever sold on FF and yet they feature the famous and unforgettable GIANT of the animal kingdom.
I have a thing about elephants. They are one of my most favorite animals. They are large, gentle, strong and majestic...and I love illustrations of elephants. These tiny earrings would be a perfect glint of gold for my ears.
The Indie Rock Coloring book, $10.95 at FredFlare With musicians like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Devendra Banhart, Rilo Kiley, and Bloc Party, it also has tons of images that are a blast to fill in.
One time when I went into Restoration Hardware and delighted in their section of novelty toys, I declared that I would someday have a closet full of fun toys and games. This will be in the closet.
Listography by Lisa Nola, $17.95 at FredFlare
Create your own unique autobiography as you rank your best friends, guiltiest pleasures & more.
I've already previously mentioned how much I want this book. I still want it.
Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate Mix, $32 at FredFlare Includes one 5”x4.5” dessert glass from famous NYC Serendipity restaurant, 2 packs of world famous mix, a plastic Serendipity spoon, & 2 straws for sharing. As seen on Oprah!
Why yes, I did see this episode of Oprah, and yes, I have craved this amazingly decadent chocolate mix ever since that episode.
Little Red Riding Hood Tea Pot, $44 at FredFlare Calm that Big Bad Wolf with a hot cup of tea from this darling fairy tale tea pot. Little Red Riding Hood's, tea for 1 set includes a charming woven basket (for tea bags), & a small interior metal steeper. Her head is the tea cup, & her hood becomes the lid.
I am a big tea drinker. This is the most precious way to treat yourself to a cup of tea. I would love to display this little pot in my kitchen, it is simply darling.

Sigh. That was fun. Thanks for indulging me.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you wish there was a shop full of coffee table books only! I don't know why coffee table books are so magical and collectible... possibly because they are fantastic conversation starters?

    Great choice in earrings and scarf. They are very Heaven-ness. :)
    By the way, someone should really get you the Listography book... you've wanted it for like... forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...this list is AMAZING! that scarf is too beautiful, and only $14...girl, you gotta get it.

    i hope you get every single thing on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. siempre me pilla tarde la lista de deseos, hoy o mañana tengo que hacer una sin falta! eso de listography es una web verdd? yo tuve una cuenta hecha, pero la borre xd muy beno tu blog :) te pasas por el mio ?

    ReplyDelete