Thursday, October 21, 2010

A mental bath

Do you ever experience an environment that gives you a feeling of rest and contentment? I love these moments. To me, they feel like a sort of mental bath. I feel warm and complete, even in a simple setting.

Last night I was painting in the art studio and listening to Jazz on 88.5 KPLU, and I felt content and mentally stimulated.

Right now I am hearing 60s era R&B at one of my favorite coffee shops, El Diablo. I am texting my best friend and the weather is fall-ish.

I just had some of my favorite Mexican hot chocolate, too.


Other relaxing situations that I love:

-Sipping tea on my couch while listening to classical music, reading a book.
-Taking a bath with a Lush Honey Bee bath bomb (my favorite bath bomb, smells like honey and comfort and relaxes any tense muscles).
-Hugging/cuddling/blanket sharing. I am a very cuddly person.
-Hanging Christmas ornaments on the tree while listening to Christmas music.
-Sitting with my mom in the morning, reading magazines.
-Soaking in sunshine.

What are the little moments that make you sigh with relief?

1 comment:

  1. Heaven, what a wonderful word puzzle. A mental bath! That's exactly what those moments feel like, complete and utter momentary relief (mentally).

    My little moments:
    Laying in the quiet, listening to the fan whoosh.
    Cuddling with Ted, my head on his chest... listening to him heart thump or the pattern of his breath.

    ReplyDelete