Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Song

I enjoy music, a lot. I'm not one of those who actively seeks out tons of new music, connections between bands and side projects...maybe if I had more time I would. But sometimes I just get caught up in loving certain songs, and want to share them with everyone I know. This is especially interesting because I tend to stick with songs that are 20+ years old/songs that my mom introduced to me. When I suggest that someone listens to Sade or De La Soul, people don't usually take me up on it...

Either that, or they are secretly embarassed that I seriously analyze the worth of "Baby One More Time" or "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire. Heh. (P.S. Yes I did just listen to both of those songs).

ANYWAY...



Is it evil that I feature Kanye West as my first song? Um...perhaps. But his concepts for the song "Power" are amazing. For an art major, this is genius (at least in my opinion). I don't think I have ever seen a music video that mimics a still art piece.



Watching his performance on Saturday Night Life last night, (which was quite good), just re-enforced how much I enjoy this song, and the smart way that he re-interpreted his own music video.

Why I like this song: Cool chanting in the background, relatively decent lyrics...catchy? Empowering?

P.S. As I listen to my Sunday playlist, I can't help but think of more songs I could post. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment