Thursday, March 18, 2010

oh, fun.


First of all, what is up with Ok Go having all these really silly and interesting music videos? My room mate just showed me their video for This Too Shall Pass. It's really amazing! When I was a kid, I was always so interested in Rube Goldbergs. Basically, they are chain reaction contraptions, or essentially machines, made of everyday objects. Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. It's a good one.


70 Million by Hold Your Horses ! from L'Ogre on Vimeo.

Also, in my attempt to keep this artsy, I found this video on Madame Lamb. The song is 70 Million by Hold Your Horses, and has tons of art history references in it. It's really fun, watch this one too.

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved OK GO music videos :) We had to watch a Rube Goldberg video thing in my Art History class one day. But it was the most boring one I think ever made! Ugh. This one was really funny. My favorite parts were the glasses of water, the colorful flags, the landscape painted window shades (the style reminds me of asian art!), when they sent the guy flying into the boxes, and the umbrellas and colored airplanes :) But I have to say, I loved the second video more! I recognized most of the art they referenced. And they did a really great job! I thought it was hilarious! But impressive as well. I loved it when they were doing the one of Las Menina! I love that painting. It was funny to see men pretending to be the little girls :P

    ReplyDelete