Friday, March 12, 2010

Rain does nothing to motivate me.

Did I mention that right now I am finishing up a series of paintings about pigeons? The 5 pieces are done on panels, and I have about 3 almost done so far. The series is called "Pigeons are Heroes." because, they are. This series is for my Painting Studio class, which is taught by the amazing Gala Bent, and it is such a fun class. Once a week, about 6 students gather, discuss art and each others' series, and paint. We often listen to KEXP, which is quickly becoming my favorite radio station. One time, we went to Ambach and Rice in Ballard, which was the most enchanting field trip that I have ever taken. Such a laid back class, full of support and creative people, I am going to miss it.

I also have a project in Perspective drawing class that will be due next week. My job is to design my dream studio's exterior, placing trees and architectural details in perfect two-point perspective. Yipes. It is a challenging class, but also fun, since my teacher, Laura Lasworth is a riot! An amazing riot. And a great teacher, I have learned a lot about perspective, which is a drawing subject that I have gone through great lengths to avoid until recently. This project is even enjoyable, since I have the liberty to customize every and any part of my dream studio building. My current rough draft has several happy chickens pecking in the yard, as well as a window box full of flowers.

In addition to these projects, I also have a 3 page book report on Witness by Whittaker Chambers due soon, an essay question final in my West and the World class, and a final in Western Tradition II (AKA Art History II).

And thus ends the most challenging season of my life, Winter quarter. I have two days of finals next week, and then I am through. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, P.S.

These are the only things I have been listening to. Pretty much, Debbie by Architecture in Helsinki is the only "neutral" song out there that brings purely positive memories, not to mention it makes me want to actually get out of bed! success. And yeah I know these songs are really old hat, but they still charm me!


If you want the "real" video then go look it up on YouTube yourself, because it is more like a video chopped up with a sketch comedy piece, and defeats the purpose of the song.



Bonus Dr. Dog remix! (naturally).

1 comment:

  1. Your pigeon pieces sound really interesting. If you feel comfortable, you should post pictures that particular piece. I am interested on how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete