Friday, March 19, 2010

spicy almond


This is my current view of the SeaTac airport. If you didn't know, I'm going home for 10 days! Home = California, and I am very proud of the fact that I am not taking a coat with me, because it won't even be necessary! I'm thrilled!

I'm at Tully's (got a $10 gift card from work, boo yeah), and I just finished that bowl of red curry (yes, I packed my own lunch to the airport). Yesterday I went to a get together for my friend Joshua's birthday at Jai Thai in Fremont, so I didn't want to waste my leftovers! It was entirely too spicy though, and that flavor mixed with my Tully's almond latte was not. good. It tasted like alcohol...not in the good way.

So, I love the SeaTac airport. I used to think that SFO was my favorite airport, but I haven't been there in a while, and this one is so much fun. There is art EVERYWHERE. Art by Rauschenberg and Stella and Nevelson! My favorite piece, if you can even call it a piece, is the fact that the water fountains in certain parts of the airport play babbling brook noises when in use. So instead of hearing a dull stream of water hitting stainless steel, it sounds like the most untouched nature is providing you with a sip of filtered water. It is really charming! Even where I sit, I see art. (In the background of my photo you can see some sculpture pieces hanging from the ceiling and nestled in the corner.)

Not to mention that this airport has so many shops. So many. And restaurants. And coffee shops. Flying is so fun. I know it can be an amazing pain, and inconvenience, but it really is an amazing privelege.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for going home!! I will soon feel a similar joy (the joy of familiarities and comfort) in 3 days!

    Your title threw me off. I thought "hmmm spicy almonds sound amazing" but when I realized the true combination I wasn't as eager to try it.

    ReplyDelete