Sunday, March 21, 2010

some comfort.

Today, I went to church with my mom and little brother. I noticed three things about the service that struck me:

The first is that I have never in my memory heard the story of Jesus healing the deaf and mute man. I don't know how this escaped my memory, but I don't remember hearing it. I liked hearing it. It was different. Jesus signed to the man, pointing to heaven and touching his tongue before healing him. Being a person who has grown up involved with the deaf community, this spoke volumes to me.

Secondly, I love the hymn "I Surrender All." I didn't sing it, because I would have cried, but it was beautiful and comforted me.

Last, Romans 8:26-27 fits perfectly for me and my present emotional difficulties. Here is the text:

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

I have been subjected to so much pain lately, and I sometimes had no words to express my heartache. I did nothing but groan, weep, moan, and cry out. I am happy knowing that as God is healing me, I am finding more words to express myself, and more strength to do so. It is not easy, but knowing that God even hears my most senseless noises is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment