Sunday, March 7, 2010

a mess

For the past few weeks, I have been extremely lethargic. This post a a challenge to myself: DO SOMETHING. Then, you get the privilege to write about it. Or just feel good. Now, go.

edit-
As of 4:14 I have washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, swept, cleaned the dining table/living room, washed & dried my clothes, taken out the trash/recycling, "got ready" (which means put on makeup to look decent & blow dry your hair), and looked up fonts online.

That isn't a whole lot of activity, but it is more than anything I have done this week combined.

What I have been doing instead of homework, and basic housekeeping: Eating. Chocolate.

My work has had numerous amounts of seasonal chocolate on sale, as much as 90% off. Being that I get 10% off food products in addition to the sale price, I have been purchasing an unholy amount of sweets. It is presumed that for the past 4 weeks, 90% of my diet consists of chocolate or chocolate based products (this is a rough estimate).


First, I went through a bag of Valentines Day themed Lindor Truffles. Bethany and Jordan later surprised me with flowers and a heart shaped box filled with more Lindor Truffles.




Next, I purchased Tim Tams from my work, and have perfected the infamous Tim Tam Slam.


The heart-shaped box of Ghiradelli Squares (again, from Valentines day) went on sale for 75% off, so I bought 2.



Finally, I have been consuming large amounts of Nutella on toast.

The funny thing is, I used to not even have a huge sweet tooth. I used to prefer "actual meals" to desserts and candy. I recently discovered how chocolate really is a method of self-medication. I know this is bizzare and demented but it is so true, and so delicious.

1 comment:

  1. There are times when we "deserve" or are entitled to being lazy/lethargic. I remember when Ted and I first started dating, he was such a distraction to me (he still is now). Instead of studying for midterms, we stayed up almost all night drinking wine and talking on his porch.
    I don't even remember my midterm grades, but I remember drinking wine straight from the bottle and almost freezing death on the porch.

    I'm sure you'll be chocolated-out soon and back to the old, productive, hair drying, recycling Heaven in no time.

    ReplyDelete